Tuesday, September 15, 2009

VMAs

Sooo apparently, with all of the malarkey that happened at MTV's VMAs, it was assumed that I would have a new post in response. Sorry peeps. I'm a little late but I do have an opinion. I'm Arbor Misting it up right now so here comes the list:

1) First off, the MJ tribute was good. The Madonna intro was nice but a little weird. I feel like what she said was genuine but at the same time, I got the feeling that she didn't know him that well. They prolly coulda found someone else to do it. Diana Ross maybe? The dancing was straight but there were some major missing key components. No moonwalk, no Thriller moves. Those are kinda staples in an MJ performance. Janet's performance was the best of the night simply because she showed up. That musta been really hard for her. And she killed it. The side by side dancing with the video was a great idea. I only wish they had made more songs together.

2) Ok. So, Kanye West has officially lost his mind. If it's necessary for me to tell u what happened, then u must live under a rock. Imma need u to have some other news outlet for current events other than my blog. Now anytime a black person does something stupid they will not be referred to as a *n word* but a "Kanye." Seriously, that had nothing to do with him and how dare he take that little girl's moment. U done set black ppl back 200 years. Back to slavery. Where's my shackles? Yes'm massa. I's a good slave! Imma gonna pick this cotton for u reals good massa! *Speaking of slavery, I'm getting paid tomorrow! Been working for free the past month and a half.* Anyway, back to Kanye. I heard dude was drinkin a bottle of Hennessey on the red carpet. And do u think it dawned on him what effect his actions would have on his relationship with Jay-Z? I mean, Beyonce is his wife. Plus he represents a brand. Puts Roc-A-Fella in a real bad look. Heard he got kicked out of the award show for that. Good for u MTV. I would say good look but u did put the idiot in the front row ...

3) Speaking of Jay-Z, thought his performance was a lil overhyped. It was good but not great. Alicia Keys makes that song. Without her it's not a single. It's not a jam. It's prolly put on the end of the album where u can skip over it to get to the good songs. She makes the song. But back to the performance. It was decent. And somewhat normal. That is until LiL Mama made an appearance. This loser decided to jump up onstage at the end of the performance, UNINVITED, and join Jay and Alicia Keys. Jay sees her and even tries to get her to fall back by patting her leg. He even tells her that she's T-Paining. She looks him dead in the face and stays there. Then has the audacity to pose at the end of the song. Triflin heffa! I guess she thought she was entitle to make an appearance simply because she's from the Bronx. **Breaking News: NOBODY CARES WHERE YOU'RE FROM LIL MAMA!**

4) As far as the rest of the show: Beyonce's performance was okay. She's done better. Basically just copied the video and added like 5 million back up dancers. Pink's performance was hot! Singing while flipping thru the air? Ok, lip syncing while flipping thru the air? That's not something u can just go over during rehearsal. That takes some time. Tight work. Green Day? Typical Green Day performance. It was good. I like them. That's right, I like a rock band.

5) Of course I gotta talk about Lady Gaga. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan. When her performance came on I was only half paying attn. I was watching and I saw her in a white wedding dress which immediately made me thing of Madonna so I looked away. I look back and all of a sudden she's covered in blood. Wtf? Did I miss something? Where did the blood come from? And I gotta address the outfits. Or should I say costumes? Everything she had on was ridiculous. The red outfit she had on was crazy. She had to take the mask off just so she could see the mic for her acceptance speech. Reminded me of a used feminine product. Then she replaced it with a white bird's nest around her face. That being said, me and everyone else are sitting here talking about it so mission accomplished. The way I see it: Dare to be different. But be daring when u do it differently.

6) Russell Brand sucks as a host. Idk why they invited him back. I don't get his humor. He's corny. That's it. He doesn't get a paragraph.

So there's my VMA review. Happy now?

Totally unrelated topic. Had a convo with Heathcliff today. It went a little something like this:

Me: Hey, Dad. I got ur voicemail.
Heathcliff: Yeah I was just calling. I was thinking bout u and ur brother.
Me: Aww. Dad u miss us.
Heathcliff: Of course I do. Ur my kids. But then I laugh and have a great day.


Uhhh ... Thanks dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment