Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fried Chicken Conspiracy

A friend and I (who shall remain nameless unless she wants a shoutout) were sitting in the drive-thru at Popeye's for, no lie, like 20 mins. I had already eaten so I was good but my friend was hungry and pissed that it was taking so long. This is the conversation that followed:

Friend: U know, I don't understand why places like KFC and Popeye's always take so long!
Me: What do you mean?
Friend: Well they already know what I want ... chicken! It should already be done. All they have to do is put it in the box.
Me: Well that's a good point. But most chicken places are in the hood and you know how ppl in the hood are. They not gon rush if they don't want to.
Friend: But still! All they have to do is put it in the box. Even if they just threw some chicken in the box they'd probably still be right half the time!

Interesting point. I brought this same topic up to my brother and as usual he had a conspiracy about it. Apparently because there are really only 3 major fried chicken joints in the country (well at least the south): Popeye's, KFC, and Church's. Because they don't have as much competition as places like McDonald's, they came together and agreed that there's no need to rush. So basically, if you're sitting in the drive-thru at Popeye's there's really no reason to get out and go to KFC because they're gonna take just as long. According to my brother that's just good business ...

2 comments:

  1. I'm just saying...they sell CHICKEN so when I get there I need them to have my damn CHICKEN ready!! Ok I'm done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I waited forever at Popeyes too. And when I got my food, my chicken wasn't even cooked all the way! What the heck were they doing that entire time??

    ReplyDelete